Auditions for Teens Ages 14+ for Project Runway Junior
About The Show
This show is teen version of the hit show “Project Runway” with model icon Heidi Klum. According to the Lifetime’s show website “This next generation of up-and-coming fashionistas, ages 13 to 17, will be mentored by Emmy Award winner Tim Gunn who co-hosts alongside supermodel Hannah Davis. Kelly Osbourne, designer Christian Siriano and executive fashion editor at Cosmopolitan and Seventeen Magazine Aya Kanai, serve as judges to determine who will make the grade. The winner of “Project Runway: Junior” will receive a full scholarship to the prestigious FIDM in California, a complete home sewing and crafting studio provided by Brother, a feature in Seventeen Magazine and a $25,000 cash prize, to help launch their line.”
Requirements For Application
• You must be at least 14 years of age by August 2016 to apply.
• Your child must be either: a.) a legal resident of the U.S. or b.) able to obtain the necessary visa or waiver to allow you to stay in the U.S. for the filming of the program.
• Designers and a guardian must be available for filming for up to 5-6 weeks mid-July 2016 through August 2016.
• To be considered for the Semi-Finals, you must have your application, video, and portfolio submitted as a complete package.
How to Apply
Before you start your application, please make sure you have the following ready:
Two recent photos of yourself: one full-length shot and one close-up of your face.
A “virtual portfolio” of your work (include as many of the following as they apply):
• Photos of at least 3 but no more than 10 of your completed designs (preferably shown on a model or dress form), marked with their dates of completion; include front, side, and back views; show the looks that best represent you as a designer. Please save each photo with the file name of the description of the garment, and the date the garment was completed. For example: Full_Length_Blue_Gown_2-13-2016.jpg
• Images of detail work (e.g. beading, ruching, pleating, interesting seaming) that you have produced, if applicable.
• Images of your patterns if you work from them; some should be for the outfits pictured.
• Images of your sketches.
• Send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you are familiar with Project Runway Junior!
Work with your legal guardian to submit an application at www.mysticartpictures.com. Click on Now Casting, then Project Runway Junior. Your guardian over the age of 18 must create a profile with our website and complete the questionnaire with you. Please answer all questions honestly and accurately to the best of your ability.
Submit your virtual portfolio to email@example.com.
Submit a 3 to 5 minute personal video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are some guidelines for you to make your masterpiece:
• At the beginning of your video, include a personal introduction, including your name, age, where you are from, and your passion for fashion.
• Let your real, authentic personality shine through. Let us see and hear your passion for fashion.
• Describe your personal design style and your areas of expertise, i.e. activewear, avant-garde, eveningwear, etc.
• Brag about your design goals and achievements, including your experience with sewing, sketching, patterns, ruching, and any other skills you may have;
-Tell us how many pieces you have designed from sketch to finished designs;
-Tell us what designers you aspire to be like and whose styles inspire you.
-Tell us who inspired you to pursue your passion for fashion.
• Show us your three best designs (front, side, and back).
• Tell us why you need Project Runway Junior to achieve your goals, and anything else you think we need to know.
• Relax, have fun, and most importantly let your true personality shine through. Please remember that this is a movie starring you; you should be in front of the camera talking to it, not acting as the director behind the scenes.
• You are not being judged on the professionalism of this video, but please double-check before sending it to us that we can hear you (i.e. the tape/camera had working sound when you filmed) and we can see you (i.e. there was enough light while you were filming that we can see you clearly).
• We recommend filming this video in an area where you typically work on your designs, or have your designs and equipment displayed.
• The most important thing is your personality shines through and you make this your own!
• Be creative, have fun, and allow your talent, personality, and passion to come to life.
• All videos must be submitted via private links through either YouTube or Vimeo. We will not be accepting DVDs or any other physical copies.
Attend a semi-finalist interview, if you are able.
• If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be invited to attend in-person interviews. Interview dates and locations will be released soon.
If you have any questions, please reach out to MysticArt Pictures and the Project Runway Junior casting team at email@example.com. The casting directors are accepting submissions until May 12th so get your information together and apply now for your chance to appear on the hit show!